Thursday, April 5, 2012

The long Walk to The mailbox

Inspired by Gallagher's "Under The Stars"


As I step out the front door, the warm summer breeze carreses my face
reminding me of your warm sometimes cold even soft touch
you are my wind, blowing threw me lifting me up
I am that bird on the porch, searching tryimg to fulfill that hunger, that emptyness inside
Because of you I can fly
Because of you I am that starving bird
Sun shining like my heart, huge too...way too huge
Burning hot with anger and frustration
Cheeks moist from the heat but i keep a smile on my face...
or you keep a smile on my face?
They say the grass is greener on the other side but all i see is the patch of dirt from where we would sit every even watching the sun set in love
Our love made the earth swallow what once was part of a beautiful garden, and destroyed it from the inside out
Now that garden won't ever be the same
and neither will a walk to the mailbox

No comments:

Post a Comment